Why not join the 11-days Andalucia Foodie Adventure with Spain’s specialist Pura Adventura?
Visitors can indulge in the local food of Andalucia and discover where it is sourced, who creates it and explore the landscapes where it is produced. It will be a fascinating experience, not to mention delicious!
A few gastronomic highlights of the trip are below:
- Live like a local and visit Seville’s markets with a guide-cook, buying fresh produce and hearing about their traditions, before creating proper family dishes, just like a Sevillano.
- At a family-run organic farm in the Sierra de Aracena, learn all about organic Iberian pig farming and the top gourmet ham that it produces, thanks to the evergreen and cork oak acorns. Join the family for a tasting.
- For lunches pop into ‘ventas’, the roadside inns in the white town of Medina that specialise in meats of the local Retinta beef.
- In Jerez de la Frontera, follow the route of the Tabancos - old wine shops that are popular with the locals for drinking, for tapas and for their small flamenco shows.
- Join a local guide to explore the hills of Grazalema Natural Park and visit a 17th century olive oil factory, including the world-famous cheese that is made from the milk of endangered Payoya goats.
- Visitors can immerse themselves in the traditional world of fishermen with a local expert and discover the fishing culture of the Cadiz coast. The spectacular fish market in the town is a must-visit.
The holiday package is available from September to November, and March to June.
The Andalucia Foodie Adventure starts from £1,845pp based on two sharing, including 10-nights’ B&B, 4 lunches, 2 dinners, car hire, guiding and excursions, walking notes and maps. Please note that flights are extra.
To find out more information, please telephone 01273 676712, or visit: pura-aventura.com