This stunning country is crammed with cultural heritage, architectural treasures and awesome natural beauty.
The experienced walking and cycling travel company, Headwater is now offering a gentle-paced, twin-centre, walking week holiday in Montenegro, combining a wonderful and contrasting mix of experiences.
The trip commences in the mountainous north and explores the vast Durmitor National Park. A fascinating environment, the Park is crammed full of glacial lakes, dense forests inhabited by masses of endemic species and rare birds of prey, along with sparkling streams and fast-flowing rivers. Travellers will visit the UNESCO-listed Tara River (second deepest canyon in the world – 1300) and hear the incredible sound of its 40 plus waterfalls crashing into the rapids below.
Discover picture-perfect coastal villages clinging vertiginously to rock walls and jutting out dramatically from the sea. Visitors will reside in accommodation at Perast, a charming village in Montenegro with its pretty streets, historic churches, peaceful palazzos and hidden squares. A boat trip around Lake Skadar is available with views of its famous C14 island monasteries (still inhabited today by Orthodox Christian monks and nuns). There is no doubt that a trip to Montenegro will provide fabulous photo opportunities and fantastic memories.
Holiday fact file:
- A twin-centre, group guided ‘1-boot+’ walk with groups of typically 6-14 persons on each tour.
- Departs on selected Sundays between 24th May and 20th September.
- Prices from £1,078 (tour only)/ £1,349 (inc return BA flights Gatwick-Dubrovnik) and onward transfers.
- Includes 7 nights accommodation (4-star hotels); breakfast, 4 luncheons and 6 evening meals; local guide and transfers; entrance fees and 2 boat trips; local wine and ham tastings, plus 24/7 support both in the UK and overseas.
- NB Holiday is unsuitable for under 12's
To find out more about Walking Week:
Telephone: 0845 3224672