A fantastic FREE Minecraft Festival is taking place in St Albans in June and the city will be totally transformed with Creepers, Endermans and Mobs running riot. Children of all ages will be able to create their own Skins and team up with other players to recreate St Albans on Minecraft. There will be 30-minutes slots available on 15 PCs set up in the in the city centre's Silicon Abbey zone as part of the Alban Street Festival.
See below highlights:
- Screen on the Sand with St Albans Film Festival and Godfrey's Fish and Chips will give festival goers the chance to feel sand between their toes in the city as a beach completed with a beach bar and deckchairs will be created outside the city's 19th-century town hall with a giant screen showing specially curated films
- Story-telling and mini performances in the family tent in association with the St Albans Literary Festival;
- A Sporting Arena that will embrace the sporting events of the summer including Euro 2016 and the Rio Olympics with inflatable football, cheerleading lessons and American football all set to the background of music provided by a samba band;
- #VintryVillage shopping area in association with the annual European-inspired St Albans Christmas Market;
- Food and drink stalls in association with the St Albans and Harpenden Food & Drink Festival;
- Pop-up open studios in association with the Hertfordshire Visual Arts;
- A mass Ceilidh with the St Albans Folk Festival;
- Pop-up performances from the St Albans Shakespeare Festival.
St Albans is a fascinating town with history in abundance, as well as more modern events such as the Minecraft Festival.
To find out more, visit: