Walk Bankside's brand new 'Fox Marks the Spot' urban design trail this summer
Encouraging Londoners to discover the hidden but culturally-rich area of Bankside, flagship design hotel, Hilton London Bankside, has partnered with local businesses and nature conservation charity, London Wildlife Trust to offer an innovative urban design trail to follow throughout the summer in London (25th June - 31st August).
The urban design trail - Fox Marks the Spot - invites Londoners to explore the vibrant area of Bankside, following the trail of independent eateries, talented artisan baristas, gin distilleries, and foodie markets. The path is marked by trail of bespoke foxes created by local businesses such as The Table Café, Tibits Bankside and Gentlemen Baristas, that have been scattered throughout the community for visitors to spot. It also includes secret urban wildlife spotting areas in Bankside - handpicked by London Wildlife Trust.
Inspired by the ‘Bankside Fox’ - a little canine visitor who left his dusty paw prints in the concrete when the hotel was taking shape - the Fox Marks The Spot trail has been created to encourage guests, and Londoners alike, to explore this evolving inner-city London neighbourhood.
Highlights of the trail include spotting a three-metre high 3D fox artwork by 3D Joe & Max, a beautiful bespoke gold fox with silver tail created by jewellery designer Alex Monroe, 49 hidden fox designs and artworks to spot at Hilton London Bankside and a large fox installation marking the entrance of Flat Iron Square’s new outdoor space, Secret Garden – which sits just above the Low Line – Bankside’s answer to Manhattan’s High Line. The trail will be complemented by a series of talks, tours and workshops with local partners to celebrate the vibrant and eclectic area of Bankside.
- What: An urban design trail of Bankside and line up of talks, tours and workshops celebrating the local Bankside area
- When: 25th June – 31st August 2018 - throughout summer
- Where: Kicking off at Hilton London Bankside, 2-8 Great Suffolk St, London SE1 0UG, and weaving its way through the evolving area of Bankside
- How to get involved: Maps can be collected from the Concierge desk at Hilton London Bankside or will be given out with any guest’s stay.
- Win: A weekend’s stay at Hilton London Bankside and 25% off food and beverage at OXBO restaurant. All you have to do is take a photo of one of the bespoke Bankside Foxes and share using the hashtag #FoxMarksTheSpot and @hiltonbankside to be in with the chance of winning.